Tuesday, March 6, 2012

aMaZiNg new recipe! Thia Turkey Burgers with Peanut Sauce

Okay, let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? Yes, I have been away from this beloved blog for quite some time. I could say that I was abducted by aliens and forced to travel the universe--and all I got was this t-shirt--or that perhaps I have been busy writing the latest blockbuster showcase symphony that will knock your socks off--or I forgot my login and password to blogspot... Ummm, nope. None are true. I just became out-of-touch with it all and went on to other interests without (GASP!) blogging about it! I love writing, but it doesn't seem like I make the time for things I love, lately.

Yesterday, however, was an exception! I LOVE to cook and bake. Clean-up, not so much, but the preparing and presenting of a new dish is a wonderful experience! Especially when it is as delicious and well-received as this one!

I found a new blog, Iowa Girl Eats, and was smitten right away. I found an old recipe of her's, back to the end of February 2012 (hahaha) and decided to put that ground turkey in the fridge to the test. Oh, oh, oh my!! Was this EVER good!! The peanut sauce is amazing! I have joined Weight Watchers and figured the points to be 8 points plus per burger, and that includes the Sandwich Thins bun! I served it with sweet potato fries (3 PP/3 oz) and I was going to make a tossed salad, but my inspiration and energy only went so far, you know?

Click here for the link to the recipe from Iowa Girl Eats blog.

1 comment:

  1. glad you're blogging again:) Recipe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete